Listening, Acting, Improving

We try to give as good a service as we possibly can, but, unfortunately, sometimes people may not be happy with the way we’ve done things. If that’s the case, we need to know about it, so tell us – complain!

If you have a complaint, you should contact your Housing Officer or the appropriate member of staff in the first instance. If they can, they will sort it out there and then, but if that can’t be done, or if it is about something more serious, you can make a formal complaint. Broadly speaking, anyone who receives a service from North View can make a formal complaint. 

The Director usually deals with complaints, and will keep you up to speed with progress. After investigating the complaint, the Director will write to you to inform you of the decision. If you are not happy with the outcome, you can appeal it. Appeals go to the Scottish Public Services Ombudsman. The Ombudsman can be contacted by telephone on 0800 377 7330, or via their website –

We try to deal with complaints as quickly as possible. We have target timescales for dealing with complaints, but some complaints can take longer to sort out. We will let you know if we think that we can’t meet our target date, and give you an idea about how long we think it will take to address your complaint. We will always try and keep you abreast of progress.  

Please click on this link to read our Complaints Leaflet, which gives you advice on how to make a complaint.

You can also download a copy of the Scottish Housing Regulators Compliance and Significant Performance Failures Leaflet for information.