Housing Benefit

If you think you may be entitled to housing benefit get in touch with your Housing Officer – particularly if you have a change of circumstances.

Glasgow City Council decide whether or not you get housing benefit. If you wish to deal directly with them, you can call them on 287 1170 and ask for the Housing Benefit Section. We have a Welfare Rights Officer who can advise you about what you are due under housing benefit. She can also do a benefit check for you to make sure that you are getting all the benefits that you should be getting, and she can also represent you at appeal hearings.

Contact the Office to make an appointment if you’d like to see the Welfare Rights Officer.